Planning A Visit To Palm Desert?
Need a last minute getaway?! I’ve got just the place … Palm Desert, California! This adorable & super seasonal town is just the place to visit in the Fall or Winter. A popular destination for “snow birds” and those looking to enjoy a nice getaway. Sunny weather year round and the perfect Winter escape for those of you living in cool climates. Extended hours at just about every store start October 1st as this area tends to be very seasonal!
If you live in Los Angeles this place is just 2 hours South and well worth the drive. No matter what kind of getaway you are looking for (romantic, girls trip, or relaxation) this city has something to offer you! Not to mention, it’s only 15 minutes from Palm Springs!
WHAT TO DO:
Consignment Store Shopping is a MUST!!
- The Elite Consignments is the my favorite store on the street. You will for sure find unique items as well as trending peices for the home. Everytime I stop in I end up picking up some sort of home decor item. The staff is extreemly welcoming and have a great eye for designing. Just bring in a picture of what your room looks like & what style you’d like it to look like and they will help you find that perfect peice to complete the look!
- Celebrity Consignments is another one of my favorites! On your way towards Palm Springs on hwy 111 you will run right into this treasure chest. The owner is a doll and her staff is incredible. They accept just about every style so no matter what you are looking for, I’m sure they have it.
Take a walk down El Paseo
- An upscale shopping district full of shops, galleries, and restaurants that will keep you entertained all day. Just to name a few of the shops: Tevana, Sephora, Stuart Weitzman, Tuverson, and the list goes on foreva!
- Known as the “World’s Golf Capital” with over 30 golf clubs just in the Palm Desert area. This place is a golfers paradise!
Hang by the Pool at your hotel
- This city pretty much skips winter so no matter what time of the year it is perfect weather to soak up the sun by your hotel pool. Not staying at a hotel? There are a ton of Airbnb’s & VRBO’s that are located in country clubs … thus they have a community pool. Check them out!! Sipping a tasty cocktail, reading a good book, and soaking up those rays sound like a perfect Sunday to me! Go back home with a mid-summer tan and make all your friends jealous.
- Palm Springs has a reputation for eclectic bars, but the hidden gems are located in Palm Desert. There are a lot of dive bars that even allow your fury friends… those are my type of places!!
- Engstrom point is located just a mile up highway 74 off of El Paseo. There are multiple trails for beginners, intermediate, and the adventurous! These trails are perfect for your four legged companion. With numerous view points and picnic tables, make sure to kick back and relax for a bit and take in all the beauty!