Catching a long flight and then de-boarding to go straight to a work event is never fun, but I have a few tips to help you look fresh faced and ready to take on the day!
- Hydrate: You have to stay hydrated to combat bloat & dry skin. I know peeing on planes is less than ideal, especially if you’re in a window. But you have to drink loads of water when you fly, you just gotta. Don’t wait until the day of to hydrate either, starting drinking extra water the night before. Also, avoid sugary beverages and snacks when you are flying… they cause unneccessary bloating too!
- Get Up And Move: Walk it out or streeeeeeetch. Even if it is just for a few minutes. There is no excuse, you can do some stretches in your seat. Our joints begin to swell up and get stiff during a flight so to avoid that bring a small messager or google some airplane stretches (yes, there is such a thing). During a flight, have you ever experienced your shoes begin to feel tight and uncomfortable? Get up and walk around every so often to increase your blood circulation.
- Layer Up: Okay this is a biggie for me, I FREEZE on planes, like legit FREEZE. Often times I can’t fall asleep because I am so uncomfrtably cold during the flight. So I do what I can to prepare myself for these arctic like temperature. lol! Pack a blanket, fuzzy socks, an eye mask, and a comfy sweater. Who cares what you look like, just aim for comfort.
- Be Productive: Time to get as comfortable as you can, basically make your own little chill/work station. I’ll catch up on reading, writing, answer emails, clean up storage on my phone, schedule my week, and more. It is amazing what youcan accomplish while on a plane!! While you are just stuck sitting there, use that time wisely! I absoluetly HATE wasting time, so I really try to make the most of it. I feel 1000x better when I get off the plane knowing I accomplished something and didn’t just sit there.
- Sunscreen: I apply sunscreen right before my flight to help protect my skin against free radicals that can be found in the recycled air, on planes. Even more so a must if you are in a window seat flying during the day.
- Facial Mist: My skin is naturally on the dry side so that recycled air just kills it. To keep my skin looking and feeling fresh I will ALWAYS bring along a hydrating mist. This in addition to drinking LARGE amounts of water will have your skin thanking you in the end.
- Healthy Snacks: Whatever you can try and avoid aimless snacking! Be prepared and bring healthy snacks. Protein bars, nuts, seeds, water, are obvious go-to’s, but avoid anything processed all together! My fave is apples with almond butter or
What are your tips for staying Gucci on the plane? Share them in the comment section below!