Did you know that today is National Women’s Health & Fitness Day?! So if you were planning to skip the gym or sneak in a cheat meal, today is not the day.
For those of you that are new to the blog, let me give you a little insight. Health & Wellness are vital staples in my life. Each and every choice I make on the regular come from the desire to better my overall health and well-being! So today I decided to share with you a few simple changes you can make to your daily routine to better your overall health. If you have any tips you’d like to share with your fellow followers, please do so in the comment section below!!
Part 1: Fitness
At The Office
- Have you ever tried yoga while sitting in your desk? It’s a thing, take a look below for some examples. These will help to alleviate the tension you tend to carry in your shoulders and lower back… all thanks to that oh so comfy office chair.
- Those of you working from home or who have the freedom to design your personal office space, look into the FitDesk Exercise Bike. This will keep you moving throughout the day and it’ll decrease your likelihood of putting on those extra pounds from sitting all day!
- Talk standing up! If you’ve got a phone call to make, stand up and pace your cubicle.
- Need to tell your colleague something? Don’t call or email them, get up and walk your tushy over to them. No matter how far they are, each step counts!
- Every hour or hour and a half, give your brain a little break and go for a walk. It’s good to get you steps in while you can and refresh the body!
- STOP the snacking and opt for a large glass of water! Try and bring in a large reusable water bottle and less snacks. Remember, hydration is the key to clear skin, glowing skin, weight loss, balanced energy levels, and so much more!!
- Turn your tv time into a workout session!
- Grab your largest water bottle, fill it up, and drink it up by lunch. Then refill and repeat! Why the largest one? Not only will that motivate you to drink more, but it will provide you a little weight to carry around, forcing you to stealthily strengthen your biceps and wrist. Did you know that one gallon of water weighs approximately 8lbs?!
- Every morning and night when you are brushing your teeth, try kicking it up a notch and do squats and/or calf raises. By the time you are done brushing, you will feel the burn!
- Spend at least an hour outdoors each day; pulling weeds, walking your dog, washing down the patio, cleaning the grill, or playing a sport with the kiddos. Now don’t start getting lazy on me by grabbing the leaf blower, use a rake instead and start burning those calories!
On The Go
- Try parking a little further. Those extra few steps make a big difference in heart health!
- Walk faster and get that heart pumping.
- Avoid the elevators and take the stairs instead!
- Hydrate, Hydrate, and hydrate even more! lol!
- If your destination is close enough, ride your bicycle there. I often will ride my bicycle to the grocery store instead of driving.
Healthy Recipes To Curb That Sweet Tooth
Chocolate Peanut Butter Milkshake:
- 1% Milk or you can just as easily substitute it out for almond milk if you wish!
- 2 TBSP of 310 Peanut Butter Powder
- 1 scoop of 310 Chocolate Shake
- Add ice and Blend!!
Need a pick-me-up? I’ve got just the thing. Best part is, it is only 3 ingredients!
- 1 scoop of Mocha 310 powder
- Ice Cubes
- 1 espresso shot … or two lol!
*** Sometimes I will use coffee left over from the morning if I’m in a rush or don’t want it as strong.
Don’t forget, you can always shop my recommended products right here on my AMAZON STOREFRONT.